The Comical Misadventures - Movies
Monday, May 07, 2007

SORRY I'M NOT HOME RIGHT NOW. I'M WALKING INTO SPIDERWEBS

So let's just get this out of the way. Mark and I watched Spider Man 3. I'll put the meatier details behind the cut. I did want to mention a few things.

There were a LOT of kids at Spider Man. Like young kids... I personally don't think it is a particularly scary movie. There are some moments that the black Spidey suit (Venom, right Mike?) is a bit fierce looking. Yet those moments are few and far between. But still, probably not suited for a young kid just because he might be a Spider Man fan. Like the kids who spent a good portion of the movie randomly kicking the back of our seats, despite his mother's admonishments.

Angie, don't let your little Evil Genius go see Spider Man. She'll only get ideas.

Ok... Review time.

Overall it was a great movie. Mike won't see this part, but he always says I don't like movies. That I never give them a good review. I did have issues, but I did like the movie.

There was a LOT of story going on. I'd say it is very plot heavy and light on the action. Which is good in some ways. Kiki Dunst gets to act a bit more in this movie than just pout around and wag her finger and Tobey Maguire. The introduction of the Sandman and Eddie Brock are excellent. I was very intrigued by the interactions of good guys with good guys and bad guys with bad guys. It's also nice to see Bryce Dallas Howard do more than than stumble around blindly or act like a fish out of water. My prediction is she is the next Daryll Hannah.

I didn't read Spider Man, as a comic, so a lot of the struggle that Peter Parker has as Spidey, and avenging his Uncle Ben's death, is lost on me. I only know what the movie has showed me. So my thoughts about the story might be way off compared to how things were handled in the comics. I thought it was well played out. The struggle Parker goes through is genuine and believable. There is a comical scene where he relishes in his new persona that is a bit far-fetched, but still amusing.

The special effects were good, but nothing unusual. Tho, they did take one of my favorite effects from The Mummy movies and make a whole character out of it. Anytime the Sandman is on screen I was completely into it.

The love story of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson continues. Honestly, I don't know what she seems in him. This is the weakest part of the story for me. I just accept that they are a couple and move on.

I'm glad I watched it on the big screen. I don't own any of the other Spider Man's on DVD, but I wouldn't mind owning them. They are good movies. I would have to say that this one was good, but the second one is still my favorite.

Labels:

I posted this @ 6:36 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?
101 in 1001


4124101
yahoo

-Gay Donor or Gay Dad?
-Moscow Police Arrest Gay Pride Leader and 50-100 Others at Banned March
-NJ court sends gay marriage issue to lawmakers
-Are Some Animals Gay?
-Many 'Straight' Men Have Gay Sex

How did I manage to go this long without talking about X-Men 3?

So let's just get right into it. There will be a few minor spoilers. I'll try not to give away any endings or anything major.

Read on...

DON'T FEEL LIKE DANCING - Scissor Sisters

MAMA'S ROOM - Under The Influence Of Giants

www.flickr.com
gotcris' photos More of my photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from gotcris. Make your own badge here.

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit
The Evolution Of Dance
Jay Is Games
Pandora
Panda Cam
Google Earth
Hank!
Kelly Ripa's Hair Care Ad
Planearium
Homestar Runner

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

The WeatherPixie

Add to Technorati Favorites!

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.